Wellness Exams for Pets Hockessin, DE
The best way to maintain your family’s best friend’s well-being is through biannual preventative check-ups. Our wellness exams for pets in Hockessin, DE helps you take essential steps toward assuring your pet’s overall health.
Call Us Now!
Health Care Questionnaires
Please take a moment to print and complete these health care forms prior to bring in your dog or cat for an appointment.
Canine Health Questionnaire
Feline Health Questionnaire
Wellness Care for Pets
Vaccinations For Dogs
- DHPP: Prevents distemper, adenovirus (hepatitis), parainfluenza and parvovirus.
- Leptospirosis: Aids in preventing Leptospirosis bacteria, which can develop disease in people.
- Lyme: Helps to prevent Lyme disease. Since our area has one of the worst rates of exposure, this vaccination is important to consider.
- Bordetella/Kennel Cough: Recommended to be administered every 6 months. This disease is extremely contagious and can cause upper respiratory disease and even pneumonia.
- CIV/Canine Influenza Vaccine: A severe respiratory infection. Dogs that frequent dog parks, are kenneled or around other dogs are especially at risk.
- Rabies: The law requires this vaccination. Rabies is nearly always fatal in animals and humans.
Vaccinations For Cats
- FVRCP: Protects against the herpes virus, calicivirus, and parvovirus (which can lead to respiratory and GI disease).
- Feline Leukemia: Recommended for all cats that go outdoors and in some multi-cat households.
- Rabies: Required by law. Rabies is nearly always fatal in animals and humans.
Heartworm Prevention For Cats And Dogs
Heartworms cause damage to the heart as well as lungs, can be life threatening to both cats and dogs, and are spread by mosquitoes. We recommend year-round heartworm prevention, either by giving an annual injection or monthly chew to dogs and a monthly prevention to cats.
Wellness Testing for Pets
Just as important to the health of your pet as wellness care visits are wellness testing procedures. These tests make sure your pets are at their healthiest!
Intestinal Parasite Testing
Pets are prone to getting intestinal parasites, a source of disease in not only dogs and cats, but also in those who care for them. The four most common parasites affecting pets are hookworms, roundworms, whipworms, and tapeworms.
By performing fecal testing for parasites twice per year, we are able to identify, treat, and prevent the parasites your pet may come in contact with. The monthly medication used to for heartworm disease prevention also aids in preventing parasites.
- Bloodwork (including CBC, Chemistry, and Thyroid) is essential for evaluating the state of your pet’s internal organs.
- A CBC (complete blood count) delivers information to identify anemia, infection, abnormal blood cells, and blood-borne parasites.
- A Chemistry Screen assesses the kidneys, liver, and other organs. With a Chem Screen, we evaluate electrolytes, blood proteins, and glucose to monitor for the onset of diabetes.
- A Thyroid Screen evaluates the hormone levels of the thyroid gland. An overactive or underactive thyroid gland can cause health complications in your pet.
Have You Scheduled Your Pet’s Wellness Check-Up?
Contact us today to set up your pet’s wellness appointment. We also provide specialized services like dentistry, sick care, radiology, ultrasound, rehabilitation, boarding, and more.
Our caring, kind staff is committed to giving your pets the quality, state-of-the-art care they need—and giving you peace of mind.
Call Us Now!